Kaleidoscope 2020 & 2021 will be available online virtually
Knoll Message COVID 2021
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions in Ontario, the opening date for Raven’s Knoll Campground is unknown at this time. We continue to monitor the provincial and municipal regulations, and are working with the local health authority to comply with all health measures to ensure the safety of volunteer staff, campers, and the wider community.
We understand the frustrations and the wish to be outside, to return to community, and a sense of normalcy. That time will come, we are sure. This year, we know that the Kaleidoscope Gathering will not be held in-person. It is also unlikely that even smaller gatherings will be allowed. We are hopeful that we will be able to open for limited ‘bubble’, pre-booked camping later in the season. Stay tuned.
So what do we know and what is staff working on? When we open:
- All campers will be required to adhere to the provincial and municipal health guidelines, whatever they may be at the time;
- Raven’s Knoll will have temporary health policies in place, and will modify our regular policies to eliminate communal interaction;
- Camping spaces will be assigned, in consultation, to limit the interactions between groups;
- Capacity will be very limited, so reservations will be first-come-first-served;
- The Rookery, YAG, and dock will not be open for 2021;
- Pixie bikes and children’s toys will be available, but must remain with the camping group until departure, to be returned to the designated area to be cleaned prior to re-use;
- Payment will need to be by Interact or Paypal, in advance;
- Bathrooms will be open for all people on either side, one bubble/family at a time; • Fire pits (whether wood or propane) will be available for rental, only one bubble/family at a time, or as permitted under the provincial/municipal order;
- The situation is dynamic, so processes, rules, and availability may change without prior notice.